You are here: Home → Worksheets → US money
Find here an unlimited supply of printable money worksheets for counting US coins and bills. The worksheets are highly customizable and available in both PDF and html formats.
You can include any of the common coins: the penny, nickel, dime, quarter, and half-dollar; plus one-dollar, five-dollar, and ten-dollar bills. You can limit the total money value to be less than $1 (the answers will be in cents), less than $2, less than $5, less than $10, less than $50, or less than $100.
You can choose the number of problems on the worksheet and the maximum number of coins/bills included in the problems. Since the coin and bill images easily fill the page, the higher that maximum number is, the less problems will fit in the page. Please change the different options until you are happy with the final result. The “cellpadding” option controls the white space around the problem. To make the images larger or smaller, change the “zoom” option in your browser’s print preview or in the menu “View -> Zoom”.
Basic instructions for the worksheets
Each worksheet is randomly generated and thus unique. The answer key is automatically generated and is placed on the second page of the file.
You can generate the worksheets either in html or PDF format — both are easy to print. To get the PDF worksheet, simply push the button titled “Create PDF” or “Make PDF worksheet“. To get the worksheet in html format, push the button “View in browser” or “Make html worksheet“. This has the advantage that you can save the worksheet directly from your browser (choose File → Save) and then edit it in Word or other word processing program.
Sometimes the generated worksheet is not exactly what you want. Just try again! To get a different worksheet using the same options:
- PDF format: come back to this page and push the button again.
- Html format: simply refresh the worksheet page in your browser window.
Counting money worksheets – examples
- Pennies, nickels, and dimes only – amounts less than $1.00 – up to 6 coins
- Pennies, nickels, and dimes only – amounts less than $1.00 – up to 12 coins
- Pennies, nickels, dimes, and quarters – amounts less than $1.00 – up to 6 coins
- Pennies, nickels, dimes, and quarters – amounts less than $1.00 – up to 10 coins
- Pennies, nickels, dimes, and quarters – amounts less than $2.00 – up to 10 coins
- Pennies, nickels, dimes, and quarters – amounts less than $5.00 – up to 15 coins
- All five different coins (pennies, nickels, dimes, quarters, and half-dollars) – amounts up to $10 – up to 8 coins
- The four common coins plus $1 and $5 bills – up to 10 coins/bills
- All coins and the $1, $5, and $10 bills – up to 15 coins/bills
Interactive Count Money Activity
This interactive tool allows children to practice counting money or the teacher to illustrate how to count money using a whiteboard. By pushing the ‘Automatic’ button, you’re given an amount of money to count. Alternatively you can drag any coins and bills to the workmat area yourself. The ‘Total’ button then reveals the correct answer.
Counting Money Worksheets Generator
Choose the coins/bills that can be included in the problems. Tick at least one box.
Number of problems: 23456789101112
Sort coins/bills in decreasing order (highest value first)
Maximum number of coins/bills shown in the problem: 3456789101520
amounts up to $1.00
|0123456789101112 empty lines below problems (workspace)
(PDF worksheet only; the orientation of an html worksheet can be set in the print preview of the browser)
Font: ArialCourierCourier NewHelveticasans-serifTimes New RomanVerdana Font Size: 8pt9pt10pt11pt12pt13pt14pt16pt18pt24pt
|Additional title & instructions (HTML allowed)
Math Made Easy, Grade 2 Math Workbook
This workbook has been compiled and tested by a team of math experts to increase your child’s confidence, enjoyment, and success at school. Second Grade: Provides practice at all the major topics for Grade 2 with emphasis on addition and subtraction of larger numbers. Includes a review of Grade 1 topics and a preview of topics in Grade 3.
=> Learn more and LOOK INSIDE!
See more Math Made Easy books at Amazon