A new kind of Renters Insurance has landed!
Our Renters Insurance is simple cover that gives you the freedom and flexibility to protect the things you love most.
Our Renters Insurance is an easy, flexible way to protect your mobile, tablet or gadgets, inside and outside of your home with our Anywhere cover option.
Designed specifically for renters and tenants with monthly cover which you can cancel or change at any time. It’s easy to insure your gadgets so you can get back to living.
Halifax Renters Insurance is underwritten by Lloyds Bank General Insurance Limited
What’s Renters Insurance?
This is straightforward cover created just for renters and tenants. We’ve kept it nice and simple with one level of cover to protect your things inside the home and optional cover at an extra cost to protect your things when you’re on the go.
- Home Cover – get up to £10,000 worth of cover as standard to protect your things in the home against fire, theft, flood and water damage.
- Anywhere Cover – get up to £10,000 of extra cover for up to 5 selected items for when you’re on holiday or simply on the go against accidental damage, theft or loss. You’ll also be covered for accidental damage inside the home.
You can also cover individual items up to a maximum of £3,000 under both your Home and Anywhere covers.
What else is included?
- Monthly cover which you can cancel or change at any time without paying any admin charges.
- Online Policy Manager to keep track of your cover.
- Make a claim online 24/7 – no need to worry if the worst happens.
- Build your policy around your lifestyle to keep costs down.
- £10,000 of Liability Cover – included as standard to protect you if you’re liable for damage to your landlord or neighbour’s property.
- Emergency accommodation – if the worst happens at home because of a fire, flood or water damage, we’ll cover you for up to £150 per night, to a maximum of £1,500, to stay somewhere else.
- Cash to repair or replace damaged items.
What things are covered?
The things in your home are covered as standard under your Home Cover.
Examples* of things you can add under your Anywhere Cover include:
- Photography gear such as tripods, cameras etc.
- Sports kit such as surfing boards, tennis racquets etc.
- Music equipment such as guitars, violins etc.
- Fashion items such as clothes, shoes, bags etc.
*Limits, Terms and Exclusions apply. Please see our policy booklet for further details.
Renters Insurance or Contents Insurance: which is right for you?
A few key things you need to know to help you choose what’s right for you:
- when you rent a flat or a house, your landlord will usually get buildings cover to protect the property. This leaves you to insure the things in the property which you own
- both Renters Insurance and Contents Insurance cover your things but with some key differences
- our Renters Insurance offers no fixed term monthly contracts, simple lower value cover and online access to manage your policy to suit your lifestyle
- our Contents Insurance provides a higher level of cover on a yearly policy that you can manage over the phone.
Monthly cover with no admin charges to cancel or change cover
Yearly cover with early cancellation fee
Manage your policy online
Manage your policy over the phone
Make claims online 24/7
Make claims over the phone or online
£10,000 simple cover in the home against fire, flood, theft and water damage
Minimum of £75,000 cover in the home for a large number of incidents such as fire, flood and theft
Optional cover at an extra cost for selected items worldwide if you add Anywhere Cover
Optional cover for an extra cost for items in the UK or worldwide if you add either Personal Belongings Cover or Specified Items Cover
Simple Liability Cover up to £10,000 for your landlord or neighbour’s property
Full Liability Cover up to £1,000,000 for a range of responsibilities
Why choose Halifax Renters Insurance?
Do it online – Save time. Manage your policy online and do everything in one place in the palm of your hand.
Liability Cover – If you damage your landlord or neighbour’s property, because of fire, flood or water damage, we’ve got your back!
Emergency accommodation – If the worst happens at home because of fire, flood or water damage, and you need somewhere to stay while you get back on your feet, we’ll give you up to £150 per night, to a maximum of £1,500 towards emergency accommodation.
Pay monthly – No yearly contracts. We’ll give you the freedom to manage your policy how you want. Choose when you want to be covered. Cancel at any time and have any unused days refunded.
Always low excess – Fixed fees. No surprises. Whatever happens, you won’t pay more than £100 excess for a single event.
Already an existing Renters Insurance customer?
If you’re already an existing Renters Insurance customer and you’d like to make changes to your policy online, you’re in the right place.
Halifax is a division of Bank of Scotland plc. Registered in Scotland No. SC327000. Registered Office: The Mound, Edinburgh EH1 1YZ. Bank of Scotland plc is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority under registration number 169628.